For the better part of a decade, ENV Solutions has been providing end-to-end environmental services and solutions to the benefit of our clients and our environment. As our client base and volume of projects continue to grow, there is an exciting opportunity to join our Northern NSW (Ballina) team as a Project Supervisor (Remediation Services). The Remediation Project Supervisor will engage in both technical and office-based activities, collaborate with the Remediation Manager to develop and cost remediation projects and ensure the seamless execution of remediation projects from inception to completion.
We are seeking candidates with a willingness to apply their project management skills while bringing a rational, practical mind-set to ENV through their previous experience within a service-related industry.
Our projects are primarily based in southeast QLD and northern NSW, however occasional travel further afield is sometimes required.
- Strong environmental philosophy with a focus on bringing about real change.
- ENV’s Ecosystem – unique employee assistance program with a wealth of benefits to support work-life balance, emotional and financial wellness.
- Focus on bringing out the best in all of us, with dedicated hours to continued learning and professional development.
- Team of community-minded people from all walks of life who genuinely care for each other and the work they do.
- Enjoy team social events notably, Burger Friday (team lunch) – ENV’s shout!
About the Role
- Prepare cost estimates and technical proposals for submission.
- Lead the project planning phase.
- Organise ENV team/trades and schedule works to achieve project objectives.
- Understand plant process monitoring and employ plant process optimisation skills.
- Implement, install, and operate water treatment plants including de-watering systems on new projects.
- Identify, report, and resolve service outcomes on site, where possible.
- Oversee schedule of progress claims and variations and manage/report on project budget.
- Maintain quality records, reports, and compliance documentation (including WHS documents) using computerised processes and systems (Windows OS, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, Teams).
- Engage with stakeholders (client, regulators, consultants, subconsultants and subcontractors) to define and understand project objectives.
- Work in a team environment and follow standard procedures with minimal supervision.
- Promote a workplace that prioritises safety and inclusivity for everyone.
- Champion continuous improvement on site (and share learnings across the business).
Our Ideal Candidate – Essential
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Background in mechanical/plumbing/fitting/electrical or related technical industry.
- Working knowledge of the planning and construction phases of remediation projects.
- Knowledge of best-practice remediation techniques (soil and groundwater).
- Ability to work and communicate competently on construction sites.
- Reliable and responsible with the ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Willing to learn and adapt across a wide range of tasks.
- Physically fit and willing to undertake manual labour.
- Current Construction Induction Training (White Card).
- Full manual Driver’s License issued by an Australian State or Territory.
- Approval/authorisation to work full time in Australia.
Although not essential, the below would be useful in your role with ENV:
- Proven competencies with operating water treatment plants on contaminated sites.
- Dewatering experience.
- Fuel and PFAS contamination remediation experience.
- Field sampling experience.
- Various construction industry training certificates.
ENV Solutions offers competitive salary packages, depending on your qualifications and experience.
ENV would consider funding industry certified training (if required) to learn relevant, recognised certified skills in scientific sampling and measurement.
How to Apply
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please send a covering email/letter along with your CV to [email protected] or submit through our website under the Careers page. Please include in your submission anything we need to know about you (that we won’t find in your CV) about your fit for this role and with our team. All applications will be treated confidentially.
You must have current work rights for Australia and be currently residing in Australia to be eligible for this role.
ENV Solutions is an equal opportunities employer, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Disclaimer: this opportunity is open to direct candidates only – we are not accepting candidates referred via recruitment agencies.
Have Questions or Need Help?
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1300 861 325